New Music Thread

Discuss your favorite music
WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: New Music Thread

Post by WOODMO »

lanza218 wrote:Camp might be the best Ive heard all year.....
It's nuts. I was blown away honestly.
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Thats honestly a major reason its my pick for album of the year....never ever thougjt it would be even half that good.....
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

This going to be a smash. How many hits can this dude make? He shits all over Nelly, 50, etc in terms of amount of radio SMASH hits. This dude does a Hot In Herre every album.
jackie treehorn
Learning To Mark Out

Post by jackie treehorn »

Wonder how long he can get away with the formula he's using?..Does his whole album sound like track 1 on repeat?
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

I haven't heard his new record in full, but they're similar. The thing with Flo Rida is he doesn't sell many albums, his bread and butter come on individual single downloads, which he why he releases so many individually before the album itself comes out.

I think he can keep going though, since he reinvents himself every album somewhat. Right Round sounds different than Good Feeling, and if you back to Elevator, that also sounds different.

He travels the globe and tries to integrate different sounds that appeal to all parts of the world, which is why his songs routinely near 100 million plays on YouTube.
Nicksfan23
Marked Out Pro

Post by Nicksfan23 »

I know it is not the new album and it reminds me of their songs like Pretty Fly and Hit That....But I can not wait for the full Offspring Album

Cruising California

jackie treehorn
Learning To Mark Out

WOODMO wrote:I haven't heard his new record in full, but they're similar. The thing with Flo Rida is he doesn't sell many albums, his bread and butter come on individual single downloads, which he why he releases so many individually before the album itself comes out.

I think he can keep going though, since he reinvents himself every album somewhat. Right Round sounds different than Good Feeling, and if you back to Elevator, that also sounds different.

He travels the globe and tries to integrate different sounds that appeal to all parts of the world, which is why his songs routinely near 100 million plays on YouTube.
I hear you...Im talkng about how his verses never add to the song at all. The hooks are clubed up and sped up. I think the hooks "make" his songs..I have only heard his radio stuff. No doubt catchy. NO DOUBT.......Remember when the Heat Makers kept using the "Alvin and the Chipmunks" style of speeding up the hook? I LOVED it but after a bit other folks got tired.....Maybe that wont happen to him..
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

jackie treehorn wrote:
WOODMO wrote:I haven't heard his new record in full, but they're similar. The thing with Flo Rida is he doesn't sell many albums, his bread and butter come on individual single downloads, which he why he releases so many individually before the album itself comes out.

I hear you...Im talkng about how his verses never add to the song at all. The hooks are clubed up and sped up. I think the hooks "make" his songs..I have only heard his radio stuff. No doubt catchy. NO DOUBT.......Remember when the Heat Makers kept using the "Alvin and the Chipmunks" style of speeding up the hook? I LOVED it but after a bit other folks got tired.....Maybe that wont happen to him..
Oh yeah, I gotcha. Yeah, his hooks are his main strength, it seems he's focusing more on sampled hooks now, but we shall see how long he stays this hot.
jackie treehorn
Learning To Mark Out

Nicksfan23 wrote:I know it is not the new album and it reminds me of their songs like Pretty Fly and Hit That....But I can not wait for the full Offspring Album

Cruising California

No offence to any fans but his lirics are fuckin awful.. When a singer is throwing a "rap style flow" into there song, they should really work to make the lirics strong. Dex's lirics sound like "a white guy, doing a raper impersonation"... :damn: JUST MY OPINION OVER HEA'
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

New 50 record, he's back on that Power of a Dollar shit with the hook and overall vibe, plus the beat is crazy.
jackie treehorn
Learning To Mark Out

The 50 beat is dope...Did Cam' just put something new out?
Nicksfan23
Marked Out Pro

Post by Nicksfan23 »

The Offspring-Days go By album is amazing.
yosemitechris
Marked Out Master

Post by yosemitechris »

A30CC99D-2B96-4662-BCD4-36812123C75C.jpeg
RINGO STARR NEW ALBUM

WHATS MY NAME
not sure if i want to buy it?