Podcasts

Discuss your favorite music
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Re: Podcasts

Post by AJLe »

I haven't listened to the JR one yet, but STWW and WHW have really trailed off. I used to love both, but it seems that Conrad is more concerned now with being a character and "getting his shtick in" (leading Bruce into impressions, dick jokes with Tony, etc.) than discussing whatever the show is they're covering.

When you go back and listen to those old Ric Flair podcasts, Conrad was 1000% better, since he wasn't making everything about him, and was just directing the conversation and keeping Ric on topic. Now, both of these podcasts are mostly Conrad shtick. It's a shame, because I love the concepts on both, it's just that the execution has really gone downhill.
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

AJLe wrote: May 14th, 2019, 3:28 pm I haven't listened to the JR one yet, but STWW and WHW have really trailed off. I used to love both, but it seems that Conrad is more concerned now with being a character and "getting his shtick in" (leading Bruce into impressions, dick jokes with Tony, etc.) than discussing whatever the show is they're covering.

When you go back and listen to those old Ric Flair podcasts, Conrad was 1000% better, since he wasn't making everything about him, and was just directing the conversation and keeping Ric on topic. Now, both of these podcasts are mostly Conrad shtick. It's a shame, because I love the concepts on both, it's just that the execution has really gone downhill.
Agreed. The JR podcast is similar to the Flair one, though. One topic and they stick to the point. I think you'd like it
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Grilling JR is kinda tough, as are Bruce and Eric now, been listening but more like white noise now
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Been listening to russo a bit. Shows have really gone downhill
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe »

Really liking the new Arn Anderson podcast. Conrad is (so far) not trying to be a character at all, and just sticking to Arn's wrestling stories. Hope it stays that way.
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

On road trips I stack up Michael Rosenbaum's Inside of You, probably my favorite.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

For tomorrows road trip I have WTF with Marc Maron ready to go
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

The Joe Budden podcast got me through my drive home from Salem.